Use of the Aroostook.com County Forum is subject to your agreement and acceptance of the following rules and usage terms and conditions. If you agree with the following rules then click the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page, otherwise, select the 'Cancel' button. Members already registered are required to read these rules and anyone not agreeing to their terms must no longer use the forums.
Who may register to use the Aroostook.com County Forum:
- Any person who has NOT been previously removed or banned from using the forum. Registration requires a two-step authentication process and any person that is found to be previously registered will be denied activation. A valid email address is required and your I.P. address will be collected and retained.
- When you register you are required to provide a minimal amount of information. Most of which is optional, and anything you do give (except passwords and email addresses) must be considered as becoming public information.
- Any persons 13-years of age or older as of 4/24/2017 may register. The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires websites to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. Therefore, if you are under the age of 13 then you CAN NOT register or use this forum.
Aroostook.com County Forum Rules:
The above rules and usage terms are not open to discussion or negotiation. Any persons not agreeing with them should cancel this registration process and no longer use or visit the forum.
- All posts and messages submitted to these forums become the property of Aroostook.com.
- Aroostook.com has the right to refuse membership to anyone at its discretion.
- This is a family-friendly forum and no excessive use of profanity will be allowed.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
- There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
- We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic. We may delete individual posts that could distract from or ruin the original topic thread.
- We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you.
- Having fun is good, we like fun. Just please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
- You may not use profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. We have word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing those word filters will result in punitive action.
- Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
- Pornography, Warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
- This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to alteration or deletion of any post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.
- Users may not argue a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive.
- Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 350x150 pixels. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to resize your image.
- Advertising, commercial-related or competing products with Aroostook.com are forbidden in any relation to your account. Links to competing forums and/or websites will be removed.
- Any impersonation of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited.
- Although Aroostook.com encourages the recommendations of businesses and services from its members, it cannot accept direct advertising or promotions. If you wish to advertise a product or service, please create a free business or classified ad.
- Any members that have been previously banned will remain banned. There will be no reconsiderations.
- You are solely reliable for the content of your posts. It is strictly forbidden to slander or purposefully tell mis-truths about any person, service or business. Any member committing such offenses will be removed and their membership and activity information provided to the victim.
- There will be a zero tolerance level to any member not following our rules. Aroostook.com reserves the right to remove any member without any prior notice or warnings.
Those violating these rules and usage terms agree to compensate the owners of Aroostook.com for any time spent, damages incurred, programming fees, legal fees, loss of income, cost of server resources, and any and all expenses incurred due to their behavior or activity. In the event of such abuse, Aroostook.com will not accept any communications with the member whatsoever, and all communications will be directed through Aroostook.com's legal counsel only.
By continuing with this registration process and/or by using this forum, you agree to the above rules and usage terms.